Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One of my favorite writers, one of my favorite film franchises



Interview with Tim Lebbon, Author, ‘Alien: Out of the Shadows’

Interview with Tim Lebbon BY  ON JANUARY 28, 2014
from the great website  Suvudu
Tim Lebbon is the author of Alien: Out of the Shadows, the first book in a new trilogy set in the terrifying science fiction universe depicted in the Alien film series. In the following short interview, Tim discussed his love of the original movies and what he’d do if he were a character in his own story.
On the planet LV178, Chris Hooper, and his fellow miners discovered a storm-scoured, sand-blasted hell, and trimonite, the hardest material known to man.
When a dropship crashes into the landing bay of the mining ship Marion, the miners learn that there was more than trimonite deep in the caverns of LV178. There was evil, hibernating—and waiting for suitable prey.
Hoop and his associates uncover a nest of Xenomorphs, and hell takes on new meaning. In a supreme touch of irony, they find that their only hope lies with the unlikeliest of saviors.
Ellen Ripley, the last human survivor of the salvage ship Nostromo.
What was your first experience with the Alien franchise?
My mum took me to see the original Alien when I was in my early teens. I guess she smuggled me into the cinema, or perhaps I looked older than I was. It was like nothing I’d ever seen before, and it affected me hugely. Then when I saw Aliens with a bunch of friends from school, that quickly became my favourite movie. It still is.
What kind of research did you do to get ready to write the book?
I watched the first two films again, though in truth I could probably quote them almost word for word. That didn’t really feel like work. Other than that very little, as my novel is based between those two films.

for the rest go here:
http://suvudu.com/2014/01/interview-with-tim-lebbon-author-alien-out-of-the-shadows.html



No comments: