Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Really Interesting J.A. Konrath: The Bestseller Shift

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Bestseller Shift

In just a week, Amanda Hocking has sold over 10,000 ebooks.

Who is Amanda Hocking?

She's a self-published paranormal romance author. Check out her blog.

Not counting sales of Shaken, Afraid, or my Jack Daniels ebooks, I've sold about 2200 ebooks this week. And I've got about three times as many titles for sale as Amanda does.

Now, this isn't a competition, and writers should never compare their numbers, but I'm bringing Amanda's numbers up because I think it's indicative of a paradigm shift within the industry.

In the traditional publishing model, the most important factor in how many books sell is distribution.f

or the rest go here:
http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Peter L. Winkler said...

I'm very skeptical of these ebook sales claims. Short of a credible source for tracking these sales, we're left to rely on the author's veracity. Show me some independent verification of these numbers. Otherwise, I suspect the writer is just engaged in a publicity ploy.

Brian Drake said...

If you go the the website of the author Konrath mentions, she has posted a screen snap of her sales, and she indeed has some very good numbers. I wish I had numbers like that!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Of course, screen shots and sales figures that are not verified by outside sources can easily be faked.