Sunday, September 19, 2010

Marlon Brando In Rebel Without A Cause? TV Dinners?



Ed here: Today Movietone published a list of prominent actors' screen tests. Scroll down to find Brando's audition for Rebel Without A Cause. I've never seen or heard Brando like this. Very young, not so confident. Some of the other tests are interesting, too.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/13/famous-movie-screen-tests-video/?ncid=webmail

*******************************
My buddy Harry Shannon was nice enough to remind me of one of the questionable joys of boyhood.



From Parade magazine

Heat, Tray, Love
by Connie Schultz

Imagine my horror when one of my friends told me recently that she had no childhood memory of eating TV dinners.

“Wait a minute,” I said. “You mean you never had thinly sliced pieces of turkey smothered in gravy resting on two scoops of cornbread dressing, with baked apples for dessert?”

“Um, noooo,” she said slowly, raising a cautious eyebrow.

for the rest go here:
http://www.parade.com/news/backpage/connie-schultz/100916-heat-tray-love.html

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am still eating them at lunch despite warnings of heating plastic trays in a microwave. How sad is that?